The State Environmental Fund of the Czech Republic, as the Programme Operator of the Programme „Environment, Ecosystems and Climate Change“, supported by the Norway Grants 2014-2021, launches this first call from the Bilateral Fund of the Programme, named after the famous Norwegian attraction „Trolltunga“, with a total allocation of 100,000 EUR (2,600,000 CZK).
„Trolltunga“ is an admirable rocky outcrop 700m high above the lake Ringedalsvatnet. Its shape resembles a tongue and therefore its translation from Norwegian is „Troll’s tongue“ (for more information, please see this web page)
What are the supported areas (initiatives) under this Call?
The call is focused on supporting bilateral initiatives of Czech and Norwegian entities, supporting activities aimed at establishing new working contacts and preparing joint projects to receive support from the Programme, strenghtening existing cooperation or creating a network for sharing experience and examples of best practice in the area of environment, or to facilitate the presentation of results already achieved joint projects. ‚Supported bilateral initiatives are those that:
- will strengthen existing cooperation between Norwegian and Czech institutions, public administration and other entities;
- will help to establish new cooperation and share examples of good practice between Czech and Norwegian institutions within the project partnership (including the preparation of joint projects to receive support from the Programme);
- will strengthen cooperation and help to share examples of good practice with other international actors and Norwegian.
What can be supported from the Call (examples of eligible initiatives)?
Examples of activities and initiatives supported under this call are:
- active participation in workshops, meetings, visits and conferences, seminars on topics of common interest; capacity building and short-term education; data collection, processing of reports, studies and publications and their presentation; campaigns, exhibitions and promotional materials; technical assistance and exchange of experts; posting of workers and organization of internships, etc.
What is the minimum and maximum grant?
The amount of support that can be awarded per project is at least EUR 1,000 (26,000 CZK) and a maximum of EUR 10,000 (260,000 CZK), respectively EUR 15,000 (390,000 CZK), depending on the specification and scope of the project (see Annex 2 to this Call)
What is the support rate?
Eligible expenditure of the initiative is fully (100%) covered by the Bilateral Fund of the Programme.
Who can apply for support?
All entities and organizations, public or private, commercial or non-commercial and non-governmental non-profit organizations established as legal entities in the Czech Republic or Norway (or also all Czech or Norwegian legal entities) may apply for support.
Natural persons are not eligible applicants.
What are the crucial criteria for an application?
An application eligible for funding under this call must meet the following criteria:
- the principle of strengthening bilateral relations (see supported areas), contributing to awareness raising, mutual learning and experience, and creating opportunities for establishing new partnerships or strengthening existing cooperation;
- respects the principles of economic efficiency and effectiveness.
When, where and how can you apply for support for your bilateral initiatives?
This call is launched on July 3, 2019, and applications may be submitted throughout its publication until the total allocation is spent, but no later than June 30, 2020.
Supported bilateral initiatives must be implemented by June 30, 2021 at the latest.
As a crucial requirement for submitting your application is your registration, as well as your Norwegian Partner, in the Partner Database, published on this Programme Website (you will not be able to submit a completed Application Form without a registration!)
The Application can be submited by simply clicking on the “Apply for Support” button below and uploading the completed Application Form (in English), see Annex 1 to this Call, and then clicking on the “Submit your Application” button.
Text of the Call
- Text of the 1st Call for Proposals „Trolltunga“ for download (in English and Czech)
Annexes to the Call
- Application Form (Annexes)
- Guidelines for Applicants and Final Beneficiaries from the Bilateral Fund of the Programme „Environment, Ecosystems and Climate Change“ supported by the Norwegian Financial Mechanism 2014-2021 (incl. Annexes) – update 06.09.2019
- Implementation Package (as Annex 5 to the „Guidelines“)
- Pokyny pro zadávání veřejných zakázek v rámci FM Norska 2014-2021 (Czech version)
In case of any queries please send to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Percent allocation of applications submitted as to September 2019
* The Czech version is available in the Text of the Call above.